Nigerian singer, Kiz Daniel, has apologised to his Tanzanian fan base after he failed to show up at a music concert in Dar es Salaam on Sunday.

Kizz Daniel Has Been Arrested In Tanzania For Failing To Perform In A Show

This is also as I made a clarification that he was not arrested by the Police rather he was invited for questioning.

Jozebrain recalls the musician was arrested in Dar es Salle on Monday, August 8th for failing to perform at the concert.

On Tuesday, Kizz Daniel said that he wasn’t arrested because the police only wanted to question him about the behavior of fans who had earlier destroyed the venue in anger over his non-appearance.

I Was Not Arrested – Kizz Daniel Breaks Silence

He explained his side of the story, Kizz Daniel apologized and promised a free show in collaboration with the show promoters Str8up Vibez on Friday.

Kizz Daniel Said “We agreed to put up a show on Friday. A free show. So, I will be partnering with Str8up Vibes. Also, I must apologise to the fans. None of this was intentional. I love my job. Mainly, I love performing.

“I didn’t mean to disrespect the fans. It was never intentional. I wanted to perform. I came to Tanzania to perform, but due to some circumstances way over my power, we couldn’t make that happen. I apologise once again to the people of Tanzania, and I hope you guys give me another chance to give you a show, to give you a proper show, a beautiful show,” he said.



The ‘Buga’ Singer further explained that the reason for his absence at the show was due to flight and schedule technicalities.

He said that when he arrived in Nairobi from kampala, the plane he was supposed to fly in had already left.

According to the singer he then stayed in Nairobia for 8 hours and got a connecting plane at 8:30pm.

However, another complication occurred when he arrived in Dar es Salaam after discovering that some of his belongings had been stolen.

Kizz Daniel added; “The organisers assured me we’d get other equipment. We arrived at the hotel at 9 p.m. and sent my band to the hall to practice. Unfortunately, the band failed because the fans had already entered the venue.

“I tried contacting the designers here to get clothes. When I decided to leave the venue, I was told it was unsafe already. The fans got angry. We agreed with the organisers that we will apologise to the fans and organise another show. On the second day, news spread and the police followed me to the hotel, not to arrest me but to question me about what happened.